The Bazzani Associates Headquarters is a mixed-use facility housing the Bazzani Associates offices, the Bazzani residence, and residential tenants. The building was built in 1918 as a storage facility for paper documents and was a storage building until it was purchased by Bazzani Holdings, LLC, in 2001. The building is in the Wealthy Theater Historic District and was renovated to comply with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation.
When the Bazzani Associates Headquarters was acquired, this abandoned, concrete and brick storage facility was functionally obsolete within the recently established Historic District. This building became the catalyst project for revitalization in the area and was the first project in the City of Grand Rapids, Michigan, to earn LEED(r) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Bazzani Associates worked with the neighborhood and the City to redesign the streetscape in the entire district, using brick pavers, historic lighting, and appropriate landscaping. The circa-1918 structure was completely reutilized and insulated to exceed ASHRAE 90.1-1999 standard by 30%. The landscape features xeriscaping and a vegetated green roof.