Beardmore Building

General Information

Quick Facts

Project Information

Originally built in 1922 by Charles Beardmore, the building housed offices, mercantile shops, a ballroom and a theater. After decades of neglect under outside ownership, Brian Runberg, an architect and great-grandson of Charles Beardmore, purchased the building in 2006 and began an extensive whole building historic restoration. According to Runberg, the building fosters "a careful balance between preservation of existing features and the integration of new technologies and sustainable building practices." The Beardmore now has the distinction of being one of the few buildings in the country that is both LEED-Gold certified and on the National Register of Historic Places.

Project Team